After getting away from the men and a possibly very very bad situation, I never went out at night alone again while I was in Korea. I also began sleeping out in the living area with my sister from that night on so I wouldn't have to sleep alone. Even now I feel intense fear when I go out alone at night, even when I'm in the car driving. I also am very sensitive to fire and any odd smells in the house. I'm always trying to look out for those I love and I do my best to dissuade them from doing something that I think might harm them (such as lifting and moving heavy objects or climbing ladders).
I know there is a fine line between a healthy awareness of danger and being overly afraid. I think two months ago I was blissfully and foolishly unaware of danger; now I've swung to the opposite end of the spectrum: being painfully aware of the evil and danger in the world. I now need to work on finding a balance. I'm not trusting God as I should if I am constantly afraid or worrying about possible perils. I need to put my life and the lives of my loved ones in His hands. But I must never forget to take wise and balanced precautions before doing something or going somewhere.
In a way, I'm grateful for the experiences because by them I have grown. I learned lessons and I now know that I can handle extreme hardships with God's strength and power. I also can plainly see God's active hand of protection in my life. I know that since God protected me and got me through those harrowing experiences, He can and will get me through anything else I may have to face.

No comments:
Post a Comment